[asterisk-users] app_swift issues

Yair Hakak yair at hakak.com
Mon Oct 22 01:43:10 CDT 2007

Hi all,
 i'm trying to integrate cepstral and asterisk, and i have a problem i'd
appreciate any help with (i know it's a bit tangential, but i figure this is
the place with the most knowledge of app_swift and asterisk).
I've installed swift from cepstral.com with alison's voice, and it works
fine, from the command line i can do swift "hello there" -o test.wav and
then i play the wav and it includes the text. All good.
I've also installed app_swift according to the instructions here
http://www.mezzo.net/asterisk/app_swift.html, and "show application swift"
from the asterisk CLI brings up the application installed.

Now, when i put Swift('This is a test') in the extensions.conf file, i get
the following:
ERROR[3495]: app_cepstral.c:197 cepstral_speak: Failed to set voice.

I have not touched swift.conf (i'm using the defaults), and, i should add
that i have not yet purchased the cepstral voices so that when i run from
the command line it sticks "this voice is unlicensed..." or something like
that at the beginning of the file, if that makes some kind of difference.

I found the problem referenced here:
http://www.cepstral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56&sid=baa6669e9958920393c62510caa47123&PHPSESSID=df1bcc629c4b8b37617d2d72c8b0232e
but
no solution...