[asterisk-users] First Time T1 Questions

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Sat Oct 20 12:44:25 CDT 2007

joakimsen at gmail.com wrote:
> On 10/19/07, Matthew Fredrickson <creslin at digium.com> wrote:
>
>> I know I've said this time and time again, but just for the purpose that
>> this will be archived somewhere on the net, there should not be any more
>> problems related to interrupts and specific servers.  If there are,
>> *please* let me know so that we can fix it.  We have spent much of the
>> last year or so getting rid of these problems, and we are very much
>> committed to having 100% compatibility, and getting rid of our former
>> reputation of having IRQ/motherboard problems.
>

> Unless you've updated the hardware and replaced the cards (even those
> already out of warranty) I don't understand how a software patch is
> going to fix hardware compatibility problems that have come up time
> and time again relating to the Digium cards.

There have been different parts to this work, hardware as well as
software.  Both have been updated and improved for compatibility and
increased performance.

> I know there have been countless (never really understood why)
> hardware revisions/models and I wouldn't doubt the newest ones have
> resolved most of the compatibility issues, but I never heard of any
> recall program for the older cards.

As I already mentioned above, if you have any compatibility problems
with a card, please notify technical support so that we can get it
resolved.  If replacement is needed, it will be part of the technical
support process.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Software/Firmware Engineer