[asterisk-users] First Time T1 Questions

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Fri Oct 19 17:58:15 CDT 2007

joakimsen at gmail.com wrote:
> On 10/19/07, Michael J. Liberatore <mike240se at straightandnarrowinc.org> wrote:
>>
>> In addition to my below question, i was wondering if anyone had a problem
>> with installing zaptel on debian sarge.  its a udev problem, make install
>> thinks i am running udev, but when i fix the makefile to be like 1.4.4 which
>> works, when i load ztcfg it still says 1.4.4.  so something is not right...
>>

> Not sure what to tell you but certainly it works without problems in
> CentOS/RHEL & SuSE Linux.
>
> About the cards personally I like the sangoma cards. As you can see
> they have a better warranty than the digium cards. Also I feel they
> aren't as tied to a platform (Asterisk) as the Digium cards are. And
> some people claim some Digium cards have IRQ issues or problems with
> certain big-name server components (mainboards mainly) of which I
> haven't heard similar complaints for the Sangoma cards.

I know I've said this time and time again, but just for the purpose that
this will be archived somewhere on the net, there should not be any more
problems related to interrupts and specific servers.  If there are,
*please* let me know so that we can fix it.  We have spent much of the
last year or so getting rid of these problems, and we are very much
committed to having 100% compatibility, and getting rid of our former
reputation of having IRQ/motherboard problems.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Software/Firmware Engineer