[asterisk-users] First Time T1 Questions

joakimsen at gmail.com joakimsen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 17:09:32 CDT 2007

On 10/19/07, Michael J. Liberatore <mike240se at straightandnarrowinc.org> wrote:

> In addition to my below question, i was wondering if anyone had a problem
> with installing zaptel on debian sarge.  its a udev problem, make install
> thinks i am running udev, but when i fix the makefile to be like 1.4.4 which
> works, when i load ztcfg it still says 1.4.4.  so something is not right...

Not sure what to tell you but certainly it works without problems in
CentOS/RHEL & SuSE Linux.

About the cards personally I like the sangoma cards. As you can see
they have a better warranty than the digium cards. Also I feel they
aren't as tied to a platform (Asterisk) as the Digium cards are. And
some people claim some Digium cards have IRQ issues or problems with
certain big-name server components (mainboards mainly) of which I
haven't heard similar complaints for the Sangoma cards.