[asterisk-users] polycom ip330/ip501 second ethernet port

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Fri Oct 19 11:46:28 CDT 2007

Hi Robert,

While I'm not sure how our network compares with yours, we run about
twenty 601 phones along with our office workstations (some stations are
without a phone). Each station with a phone is connected with the other
Ethernet port on the phone so we have one drop to each station. The
phones are on a separate VLAN from the rest of the network as well.
 From the user end, I have not had a report of any problems with the
connections, call quality, etc. I would say give it a shot, maybe with a
larger network that could change, but for a small office like I'm in
charge of, it is working just fine.

Kevin