[asterisk-users] polycom ip330/ip501 second ethernet port

Robert McNaught robert.mcnaught at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:52:05 CDT 2007

Hi,

Has anyone had any great difficulties with QoS using the second ethernet
phone in these Polycom phones for desktop machines in a converged
network?  I had heard that these can cause difficulties when used in
this manner.  I have always tried to persuade customers to go with 2
ethernet drops per workstation to avoid having to use the phone as a
switch.

I apologize for this question not being directly related to asterisk,
but since Polycom phones are used a lot with asterisk, it seems a good
place to post ;-)

Robert McNaught