[asterisk-users] 64 bit asterisk

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Oct 19 03:26:20 CDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 11:24:24PM -0400, Baji Panchumarti wrote:
>  I hope you have better success than I did, my problem was
>  not so much with asterisk in particular but 64-bit in general.
>
>  Examples of problems using CentOS 4.5 on x86_64
>
>  - many problems loading php5 & mysql from package
>    repositories.

What repositories did you use?
I don't recall CentOS 4.5 including PHP5. Is this a third-party package?
If so: stick with the official PHP4 packages, or complain to whoever
packaged those PHP5 packages.

If those are the official packages, could you please give a bug number
in bugzilla.redhat.com or in CentOS's bug tracker?

>  - a few asterisk functions don't work, eg  STRFTIME()

What version of Asterisk? What bug number in bugs.digium.com ?

>  Perhaps the distro you are using is more caught up on
>  64 bit.

Debian has long ago included Asterisk on x86_64 and other platforms. And
it works, as one of the packagers actually has had a x86_64 for quite
some time.

>  Everything upgraded/updated without a hitch on 32 bit.
>
>  64 bit is a no go unless you are running packages that
>  have matured for atleast a couple of years old...imho.

By now there are quite a few x86_64 Asterisk users that complain if
something breaks.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com