[asterisk-users] 64 bit asterisk

Baji Panchumarti baji.panchumarti at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 22:24:24 CDT 2007

 I hope you have better success than I did, my problem was
 not so much with asterisk in particular but 64-bit in general.

 Examples of problems using CentOS 4.5 on x86_64

 - many problems loading php5 & mysql from package
   repositories.

 - a few asterisk functions don't work, eg  STRFTIME()

 Perhaps the distro you are using is more caught up on
 64 bit.

 Everything upgraded/updated without a hitch on 32 bit.

 64 bit is a no go unless you are running packages that
 have matured for atleast a couple of years old...imho.