[asterisk-users] My spa has a mind of its own

Mark Coccimiglio n3whx at amsat.org
Fri Oct 19 02:56:01 CDT 2007

I had a similar issue a while ago.  Check your dial plan.  Are you
forwarding to your cell phone's V-Mail as fallback?  I had the issue
where I was getting callbacks from asterisk if one phone was on DnD and
the calll wasn't answered.  Becarefull of your dial() commands and the
delays you use.

Steve Edwards wrote:

>I have a Sipura SPA-841.
>
>It's developed a nasty habit. At random times, it likes to dial my cell
>phone voicemail number and play my messages to anybody who happens to be
>within earshot.
>
>Any clues where to look at what's going on? My voice mail number
>(extension 220 in my dialplan) is the only number being dialed.
>
>When this happens, show channels looks like this:
>
>IAX2/NuFone-1        (None)               Up      Bridged
>Call(SIP/spa841-09f083
>SIP/spa841-09f08388  220 at inside:5         Up      Dial(IAX2/mumble:mumble
>
>which looks the same as if I dial it myself.
>
>Thanks in advance,

It is completely one's own responsibility to think outside the cucumber.