[asterisk-users] Anyone having any luck with Bluetooth?

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Thu Oct 18 11:25:02 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 15:09 -0700, shadowym wrote:

> I have read all the wiki's and blogs and how to links about Bluetooth but so
> far no luck.  I can confirm that CentOS5 sees my Bluetooth adapter and my
> cell phone.  No Joy on Asterisk 1.4.  The information out there is kind of
> confusing as there is a lot of outdated info sometimes referring to software
> no longer actively developed.
>
> What I think I have managed to conclude is that there is a Bluetooth module
> for Asterisk 1.4 that supposedly works but it's not part of any released
> branches so I will have to use a development branch. That is ok but I still
> can't get it to work.
>
> I want to use my Cell phone as a secondary trunk for a business so I need it
> to work reasonably well.  Does it (if and when I get it working)?  Is there
> a good (up to date relevant) how to somewhere?

Haven't tried chan_mobile against 1.4; just against trunk; and have it
working
OK with 2 of 3 bluetooth dongles with my samsung cellphone.

Look in asterisk-addons/trunk for chan_mobile.c; set up your config
file; mine looks like this:

;
; configuration file for chan_mobile
;

[general]
interval=30		; Number of seconds between trying to connect to devices.

; The following is a list of adapters we use.
; id must be unique and address is the bdaddr of the adapter from
hciconfig.
; Each adapter may only have one device (headset or phone) connected at
a time.
; Add an [adapter] entry for each adapter you have.

[adapter]
id=encore
address=00:11:C6:09:DF:99

[adapter]
id=iogear_gbu221
address=00:02:49:07:FC:44

[adapter]
id=asus
address=00:02:72:27:92:8D

; The following is a list of the devices we deal with.
; Every device listed below will be available for calls in and out of
Asterisk.
; Each device needs an adapter=xxxx entry which determines which
bluetooth adapter is used.
; Use the CLI command 'mobile search' to discover devices.
; Use the CLI command 'mobile show devices' to see device status.
;
; To place a call out through a mobile phone use
Dial(Mobile/[device]/NNN.....) or Dial(Mobile/gn/NNN......) in your
dialplan.
; To call a headset use Dial(Mobile/[device]).

[steve]
context=incoming
address=00:1B:62:52:F4:F2
port=4
adapter=encore
group=1

;; The following is a list of the devices we deal with.
;; Every device listed below will be available for calls in and out of
Asterisk.
;; Discovered devices not in this list are not available.
;; Use the CLI command 'mobile search' to discover devices.
;; Use the CLI command 'mobile show devices' to see device status.
;;
;; To place out through a cell phone use Dial(Mobile/[device]/NNN.....)

--
Steve Murphy
Software Developer