[asterisk-users] Automating blacklists

Lenz lenz-ml at loway.it
Thu Oct 18 09:25:30 CDT 2007

It's not technically complex to do - you can probably use the astdb for
that, or store all incoming numbers with timestamp in MySQL and run
something like:

SELECT count(*) > 5 AS blacklisted
 FROM incoming_calls
WHERE callerid = "12345"
AND timestamp > DATE_SUB( NOW(), INTERVAL 15 MINUTE )

you should be very well aware of the risks that can stem from such a
program - in case of bugs, or anomalous situations, you might end up
blacklisting somebody who actually needs to call in.

I hope this helps
l.

--
Loway Research - Home of QueueMetrics