[asterisk-users] Mandriva 2008

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Thu Oct 18 09:08:04 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 09:08 -0400, Doug Lytle wrote:
> I wasn't able to get make menuselect to work.  It kept telling me that I
> didn't have ncurses installed (I have  ncurses-5.6-1) even though the
> configure script said it found it.  I eventually went into the
> menuselect directory and did a ./configure and make.  After I did that,
> I went back into the Asterisk root and did a make menuselect and
> everything worked.

Yes, that's not an uncommon problem, and it's no no way limited to just
Mandriva.  What happens is that the menuselect autoconf doesn't get
re-run, so it never learns that you've installed the ncurses libraries.

I always suggest people do a "make distclean" after installing any
additional libraries, and then go on to the "./configure" step.  This
will ensure that the menuselect autoconf stuff gets cleaned out.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager