[asterisk-users] Refrigerator Alarms

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Thu Oct 18 02:32:45 CDT 2007

Balu Raman wrote:

> Omar,
> I am hoping that there may be some temp sensor interface that can be
> routed to a pc and if the temp falls out of a range, I can have this
> event call someone. I know what to do in asterisk to make a call. I
> have to do some research. may be,  someone has already done a similar
> thing. Has to be event driven.

Here's what we do - even it's not asterisk-related - temperatures are
monitored/polled using Maxim/Dallas DS1820s devices.  These are cheap
and the size of a transistor.
When/if certain thresholds are exceeded, an email is sent to our central
mail-server where it is turned into an SMS.  The same email could just
as easily be turned into a call file and dropped into to the
appropriate asterisk directory.
We expect to start using SNMP traps instead of the email, but the
principle is pretty much the same.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - your spam is our business.