[asterisk-users] What web GUI are people happy with?

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 16:24:04 CDT 2007

On 10/16/07, shadowym <shadowym at hotmail.com> wrote:
> So how long would it take you to "vi" a 20 extension office with custom
> dialplan involving a medium level of complexity?  Including time to debug
> etc.

Well - there's a large amount of subjectivity in your question, but
perhaps I'll answer with "not long".  I don't know - 20 sip
extensions, maybe 5 minutes. Probably another 30 for the dialplan and
debugging.

My point still stands - use what you're comfortable with.  I spend the
vast amount of my day working through an SSH console into various
linux servers, so it would only make sense that for me (and many other
CLI geeks), it doesn't make sense to use a GUI.  I actually get a
little put out when I have to switch over to my browser or another GUI
tool to get things done.

So - the CLI is what works for me.  I'm not going to push that on you
or anyone as the definitive best management tool for asterisk.

-erik