[asterisk-users] What web GUI are people happy with?

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 11:30:24 CDT 2007

On 10/16/07, shadowym <shadowym at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I don't do text editing so please indulge me.  Why would someone want to do
> that when a GUI makes life so much easier?
>
> On a practical note, If someone was deploying 2 or 3 of these a week, most
> of which have 5-10+ extensions doing all kinds of fancy things like call
> queues, parking, forwarding, followme, voicemail to email etc. etc. how
> practical is it to type all this in by hand making sure to get ever single
> space, ".", ",", "{}", "[]" etc. exactly right which NEVER happens.  So then
> you have to spend more time debugging the conf files.
>
> Even with a bunch of pre-made templates it seems like an awful lot of
> unnecessary heavy lifting when a GUI can make it so much easier and
> efficient.

This is *very* much a "to each their own" issue.  You say that a web
GUI is more efficient - I say that vi is more effecient.  You say that
using a text editor is more error-prone - I say that a web GUI is more
likely to mess things up in a difficult way to troubleshoot.

Use what works for you and don't worry about it.

:-)