[asterisk-users] Is there real benefits on a SMP machine for Asterisk?

Raúl Gómez C. raulgomez at cantv.net
Mon Oct 15 18:32:18 CDT 2007

Thanks Matthew and every one who had replied to my post!

I will install my Sangoma A400D card on my existing server and I will give
it a try, since we have the old PBX still working (its planned to be on
operation until the end of this year) it will serve as a lab, and if there
is much trouble we still have some time to order a new server and migrate
the configs made. In that case, I will buy a server with a FSB1333 CPU. I
don't know if we can afford a 3GHz CPU, but I'll keep it in mind.

I think for Asterisk a SATA RAID(1 or 5) will be enough, but I will buy SAS
disc if it fits in the budget ...

Thanks everyone!

Raúl