[asterisk-users] About .call files when the congestion is on my side

Lenz lenz-ml at loway.it
Mon Oct 15 05:35:58 CDT 2007

Hello Cosmin,
it's hard to tell without first knowing what is going on on your side, but
I would not just drop call files and let Asterisk decide when to process
them - if you have hundreds of faxes pending, you risk having all lines
busy sending faxes and your other users without a dial tone.

I would do something like this:
1. create a cron job that runs every couple of minutes
2. the cron job looks at the list of faxes to send (ag a database table)
and checks if there are call files waiting to be processed; it will thene
generate call files up to a maximum number of parallel slots you choose
(so if you have say 10 lines, you never have more than 5 faxes
outstanding).
3. when a call file is generated, it is set up to retry a number of times
(like 20 minutes) through the MaxRetries, RetryTime and WaitTime parameters
4. Once a fax is sent successfully, the database is updated so it's not
sent anymore.

Just my euro 0.02,
l.

--