[asterisk-users] 'Start' in extension rules

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Sat Oct 13 12:22:23 CDT 2007

Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

> I can't seem to get the [s]tart to work in my extensions...
>
> ----- s n i p -----
> [default]
> exten => s,n,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)

The first priority in an extension must be 1 not n.

> exten => s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(${EXTEN}, b)

Don't put any spaces in the app data.

> exten => 2403,1,Dial(sip/${EXTEN},20,t)

Replace sip by SIP.

> exten => _X.,2,Playback(pbx-invalid)
> ----- s n i p -----

> In case I've missunderstood all the docs I've seen
> on the issue, the thing I'm trying to do is have
> the call sent to the voicemail of the extension
> called if the extension is busy. If not, dial the
> extension...

exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},20)
exten => _X.,n,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)

exten => s-ANSWER,1,Hangup()
exten => s-BUSY,1,VoiceMail(${EXTEN},b)
exten => s-NOANSWER,1,VoiceMail(${EXTEN},u)
exten => _s-.,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1)

See http://www.the-asterisk-book.com/unstable/voicemail-beispiele.html

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998