[asterisk-users] 'Start' in extension rules

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Sat Oct 13 11:41:55 CDT 2007

I can't seem to get the [s]tart to work in my extensions...

----- s n i p -----
[default]
exten => s,n,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
exten => s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(${EXTEN}, b)

exten => 2403,1,Dial(sip/${EXTEN},20,t)

exten => _X.,2,Playback(pbx-invalid)
----- s n i p -----

If I dial '2403' with is off-hook, I don't get
to the voice mail, I get the playback...

Setting debug shows that it skipps the 's' parts...

Why?

In case I've missunderstood all the docs I've seen
on the issue, the thing I'm trying to do is have
the call sent to the voicemail of the extension
called if the extension is busy. If not, dial the
extension...

I've managed to write the same thing, but a LOT more
complex. And I'm going to have about thirty local
extension, and I want it simplified...