[asterisk-users] Other apps checking Day/Night

Lacy Moore aspendora at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 15:05:03 CDT 2007

I guess it all depends on how you put your system on night mode.  If you use
asterisk's database, and manually put it in night mode every day, my guess
is that you dial an extension which puts it in nightmode.  You could include
as part of this the system command to touch a file, and then on your
webserver check for existance of that file.

That may be opening up more holes than needed between your web server and
asterisk.  As Tilghman suggested, func_odbc.conf may be better.  You could
then set and unset by writing it directly to your store's database.

On 10/12/07, C. Duncan Hudson <asterisk at dunc-it.com> wrote:

> I'm fairly new to Asterisk, so please bear with me if this is silly
> question.  I'd like to run a script on my server that would take the
> "Call now to order" banner off my website automatically when I put my
> phone system on night.  I can handle the webserver side of things, but I
> don't know where to begin on the Asterisk side of things - can a simple
> script be run to check the value of the day/night condition, or is that
> value written somewhere that I could check or poll?  Any help / ideas
> are really appreciated.  Thanks in advance,
>
> Dunc

Lacy Moore
Somewhere I wish I wasn't