[asterisk-users] Other apps checking Day/Night

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Fri Oct 12 11:11:41 CDT 2007

C. Duncan Hudson wrote:

> I'm fairly new to Asterisk, so please bear with me if this is silly
> question.  I'd like to run a script on my server that would take the
> "Call now to order" banner off my website automatically when I put my
> phone system on night.  I can handle the webserver side of things, but I
> don't know where to begin on the Asterisk side of things - can a simple
> script be run to check the value of the day/night condition, or is that
> value written somewhere that I could check or poll?

Asterisk does not have something like day/night mode
built in. But you can easily do that in the dialplan.
Maybe you could use some of the examples on these
pages as a starting point:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+database
http://www.the-asterisk-book.com/unstable/funktionen-db.html
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Dial

Or even
http://www.google.com/search?q=asterisk+night+mode
(No offense intended!)

Asterisk comes with a System() or TrySystem() command
("application") which will run any shell command you want.

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998