[asterisk-users] Is there real benefits on a SMP machine for Asterisk?

Raúl Gómez C. raulgomez at cantv.net
Fri Oct 12 14:21:30 CDT 2007

Well, this has become a hot topic! :p

Thinking about my original post, I was reluctant of installing my PBX on a
shared system, is a Dell PowerEdge 2950 with 2 Intel Xeon Dual Core CPUs
@2GHz (4 totals cores) and 4GB RAM which serves as Domain Controller and
File Server (Samba), central backup server (Bacula with a LTO2 external tape
drive), it has dual NIC in a bonding alb mode and redundant PSU (each one
connected to a different UPS). It has a PCI slots in which I can install my
Sangoma Remora A400D card.

But now I think the PBX will work just fine in this system, maybe breaking
the channel bonding and dedicating a NIC for the PBX and the other NIC for
the remaining task, what do you think? Or its better to install the PBX on a
dedicated system? Let me know your opinions!

Regards...

Raul