[asterisk-users] Affordable SIP Trunk for Home PBX ?

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 13:28:04 CDT 2007

On 10/12/07, D4rk F1ber <d4rkf1br at gmail.com> wrote:

> Curious what others are using, and if anyone can make some
> recommendations?  Not sure if this has been covered already on the
> list, and not sure if recommending companies are allowed, so maybe I
> need get replies off list?

There are quite literally hundreds of VoIP service providers out there:

Here's a list of some of them:

http://voip-info.org/wiki/view/VOIP+Service+Providers+Residential

Billing schemes usually fall into one of two categories.  They'll
either bill you a flat monthly fee for an "unlimited" plan or one with
a large number of minutes.  Or...they'll bill you on a per-minute,
usage-only basis.  The only provider I've had direct experience with
is Teliax.  I'm on an outgoing-only plan with them and it's been
perfect so far.  They bill something like $0.025/minute. If you want
incoming calls as well, there's a per-month DID charge.

If you are just wanting to receive incoming calls, check out IPKall -
they'll give you a DID and a SIP trunk to your PBX for incoming calls.

-erik