[asterisk-users] Distributed FAX - How to best complement asterisk ?

Jonn Taylor jonnt at taylortelephone.com
Fri Oct 12 07:14:00 CDT 2007

Olivier wrote:
> John,
>
> For incoming fax numbers, did you port existing numbers or did you get
> new numbers from bandwidth.com <http://bandwidth.com> ?
Both, we ported numbers and got new one's.
> If the later, what if you switch for another provider ?
I did alot of research before we went with bandwidth.com. They resell
Level 3 service. If I would switch, I would verify that the provider
that we switch to a) has very low latency b)has mutiple backup nodes.
The other key is your internet provider, so long as they pass all TCP
header info your good to go. We use Comcast Business service and get
99.999% uptime.
> Would you then be able to port the given number to your new provider ?
Yes, if you are in the US. Number port ability is one thing that ALL
VIOP providers had to provide.