[asterisk-users] Paging in Asterisk

Joseph Begumisa joe at cfi.co.ug
Thu Oct 11 13:26:55 CDT 2007

I had the same problem with 45 polycom 601 phones in the same page group.
It was just like you describe it and I got the same answer from polycom.
What I did to go around that was add a second line key with a different
extension number on each phone and then create the page group with the
second extensions as members instead of the first extension.

For example if one phone was extension 154, I added a second line key
assigned extension 8154 to that phone only for the purpose of receiving
pages and then added 8154 to the page group instead of 154.  This way
presence can still be enabled for 154 while 8154 which is not watched (and
therefore will not send out those presence notifications which cause the
phone to reboot) can be used to receive the pages.

Joseph