[asterisk-users] Wifi - Managed access points...

Luis Antonio Prata Barbosa luispratalistas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 00:45:09 CDT 2007

Hi,

I'm working on a Wifi VoIP project specification. It will have almost 8 APs
and 20-30 wifi phones.

And after some research, I still having some questions ...

1) Are Managed Access Points (and switch controllers) really important to
implement good wifi woip (w/ low latency and acceptable handover time) ?

2) What is the difference between (3com WX1200 + 3com AP 3750) and
 (DES-1228P + DWL-3140AP) ???

3) 3com says their AP implements WMM ...  and DLink says they priorize VoIP
traffic based on VLAN ... are those methods the same ?

Thank you,

Luis A P Barbosa