[asterisk-users] T-Mobile and WiFi Voip

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Tue Oct 9 18:17:12 CDT 2007

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 12:06:24 -0400, Jason Aarons \(US\) wrote:

>Will this work backwards? When I'm at home instead of my cell ringing
>have the home phone ring? Why would anyone give up revenue from minutes?

Most won't...at least not for while. T-Mobile is the only offer
available right now...simply because they're the only cellular carrier
not also in some way in the land line business. It's a way for them to
accellerate the trend of people dropping land lines in favour of only
cellular service.

If I could get my Asterisk server to mimic the wifi phone then it would
be an ideal way of providing 911 and 411 service to my home.

Michael