[asterisk-users] DUNDi, regcontext, softphones.. fail.

Kyle Sexton ks at mocker.org
Tue Oct 9 18:04:26 CDT 2007

"JR Richardson" <jmr.richardson at gmail.com> writes:

>> I'm having an issue deploying softphones into my DUNDi/regcontext
>> setup.  My current design is that all SIP users get registered into a
>> sipregistration context in the sip.conf.  I then have a dialplan
>> function that includes that and does the dial:
>>
>> include => sipregistration
>> exten => _XXXX,2,Answer()
>> exten => _XXXX,3,Wait(1)
>> exten => _XXXX,4,NoOp(sipregistration call - Name: ${CALLERID(name)}  Num:
>> ${CALLERID(num)})
>> exten => _XXXX,5,Macro(stdexten,${EXTEN},SIP/${EXTEN})  ; 913-563-77XX
>>
>> This works really well for hard phones.  They register, exist in the
>> sipregistration context and are dialed on whichever server they register
>> by DUNDi.  I only started to run into problems when I had to deploy
>> softphones.
>>
>> The softphones register when they are up and running, and the system
>> works as designed.  But when they close their softphone, there's no way
>> for the system to know where the extension is, so the call dies.  It
>> doesn't go to voicemail like I would like it to because that extension
>> never proceeds through my dialplan.
>>
>> Looking for suggestions on getting around this so I can keep deploying
>> soft phones to agents in the field.
>
> Just use an 'invalid' extension to send the call to voicemail or something.
>
> exten => i,1,Voicemail(u${INVALID_EXTEN})

I would *love* for it to be that simple, but I'm not doing this from an
IVR.  Voip-Info says about the 'i' extension:

The 'i' extension only gets fired when there's a prompt or input been
made with 'background'. You can set up a 'exten => i,1...' to prompt for
wrong keypresses - insult the user and so on. So this wont work if
someone just dials somthing wrong.

--
Kyle Sexton