[asterisk-users] How are you using Asterisk at Home ?

GNUbie gnubie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 03:46:27 CDT 2007

On 10/9/07, D4rk F1ber <d4rkf1br at gmail.com> wrote:

> So yes I am asking because I am unimaginative and need ideas on
> selling this to the wife.  :-)  That and I am just curious about what
> others feel are useful uses for it within the home, and what others
> get excited about regarding it all.

I have a very simple setup for my Asterisk PBX at home.  It comes with a
Digium Dev Kit with 1 FXO and 1 FXS.  It is also peered to SIPphone and
FWD.  All the extension numbers comes with a voicemail where the voicemail
messages are sent to the individual e-mail accounts rather than storing them
on the local hard disk drive of the server.  Lastly, meetme is enabled so
that if there will be at least 3 of us who are going to chat at the same
time, at least we can do it easily.

By the way, my Asterisk PBX server is also my wireless access point, web
server, file server, music server, VPN server, database server, firewall and
router.

GNUbie