[asterisk-users] Curiosity Max Calls

Baji Panchumarti baji.panchumarti at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 12:49:01 CDT 2007

  On 10/8/07, Tilghman Lesher  wrote:

> No such board was ever announced.  There were rumors of such
> a board, but nothing ever got past rumors.

 I wasn't into * back then, but apparently they did, for
 clarification (I know this not proof, but it is unlikely that
 all these people imagined such an announcement ) :

  http://scottstuff.net/blog/articles/category/Asterisk

 -----------
DS3 for Asterisk

Posted by Scott Laird on 04/11/2005

Yikes, Digium has announced a DS3 card for Asterisk. So, the next
time you need 672 channels of voice data all on a single PC, you
know where to go.

It'll be interesting to see what they've done with this–their current
T1 cards have compatibility problems with some motherboards
and have extremely tight timing requirements. In general, you
don't want to try running more then one of their 4-port T1 cards
on a single PC. Since a DS3 carries 28 T1s worth of traffic, they
must have done something to clean up their designs, or there's
no way it'll be able to keep up with the load.