[asterisk-users] Ultrastmonkey? Ultramonkeyast? Astrimonkey? High Availability and Asterisk

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 10:52:44 CDT 2007

Hi All,

I've been labing up some HA Asterisk senario's using LVS, Ultamonkey,
Asterisk DUNDi, OpenSER.  UltraMonkey setup went pretty easy, workes
fine with Debian Sarge, used the example on the ultramonkey website.
LVS_NAT is a different story, a bit more complex and requires another
server/director sitting in front of 2 asterisk servers.  Also have in
production OpenSER proxying calls from my gateways to my dial plan
servers.  OpenSER learning curve is fairly steep but rock solid once
working.  There are advantages and disadvantages in most all
arrangements here.

Anyhow, I'm requesting collaboration from the community to pull
together best practices and real world examples on how to setup high
available solutions.  I know there are many of you guys doing some
sort of HA solution with Asterisk and after speaking with many at the
Conference in Phoenix, there are many, many more who would like to
learn or implement this type of solutions.

I'm happy to facilitate and document these solutions and share my
successes and failures.

Please contact me if you would like to participate or just be in the loop.

Thanks.

JR
--
JR Richardson