[asterisk-users] Replace full PRI with SIP/IAX trunks...YES/NO?

Darren Wright dwright at d2-tech.com
Fri Oct 5 14:34:17 CDT 2007

"Danger Wil Robinson!"

Don't do it.  If the cost is negligible, you are going to give up a huge control / reliability factor.   Unless you dedicated a T1 to just voice, you'll not be able to guarantee quality.

I've had a few small companies use VOIP trunks with POTS backup, but I wouldn't even consider switching a PRI to SIP.