[asterisk-users] Dial-Chain interrupted by Operator "Called Party not reachable" Messages

Christoph Adomeit Christoph.Adomeit at gatworks.de
Fri Oct 5 07:16:52 CDT 2007

Hi Eric,

thanks for your hint.

Unfortunately it doesn't work, I just tested it. It seems
that at least in german T-D1 Mobile Network a mobile call
is "answered" even if that mobile is switched off.

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 05:30:11PM -0500, Eric ManxPower Wieling wrote:
> Christoph Adomeit wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have the following problem: I want asterisk to dial
> > a chain of n-numbers until somebody picks up the line.
> > I am using Digium E1 Hardware (zaptel) for dialing out.
> >
> > Dialing a Chain is basically no problem, I use somwthing like:
> > dial(no1,50)
> > dial(no2,50)
> > dial(no3,50)
> >
> > However, If no1 is not reachable, for example it is a mobile
> > and switched off, then some automatic Operator-Voice from the
> > Mobile-Telco says forever:
> > "This number is currently not reachable" and this means asterisk
> > thinks the call was succesfull and does not continue with the
> > the other numbers.
> >
> > Does somebody has an idea how I can distinguish those "Operator
> > Voices" from real calls ?
>
> This is one of the VERY few times the "r" option to Dial will be helpful.
>
> Dial(no1,50,r)  etc.
>
> As long as the call is not answered (and the telco does not answer when
> they play that message) the "r" option will hide the audio the telco is
> sending.

Christoph Adomeit
GATWORKS GmbH
Reststrauch 191
41199 Moenchengladbach
Sitz: Moenchengladbach
Amtsgericht Moenchengladbach, HRB 6303
Geschaftsfuehrer:
Christoph Adomeit, Hans Wilhelm Terstappen

Christoph.Adomeit at gatworks.de     Internetloesungen vom Feinsten
Fon. +49 2166 9149-32                      Fax. +49 2166 9149-10