[asterisk-users] Project independent VoIP mailing lists?

Chris Bagnall chris at minotaur.it
Fri Oct 5 06:47:11 CDT 2007

Greetings list,

Over the last couple of years quite a few other open source PBX/softswitch applications - Freeswitch, YATE, SER to name but a few - have sprung up. People on this list have mentioned in passing different scenarios where they might be a good asterisk alternative or addition.

I'd really like to see a discussion on the scenarios where use of one or more of these other packages might be a better alternative to (or a compliment to) a purely asterisk deployment. Obviously each project has its own mailing list, but I'd imagine it wouldn't be very popular to start a discussion about other projects on any of those mailing lists.

So, are there any mailing lists out there offering a non-project-specific discussion of the options out there and when use of each is most appropriate?

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it