[asterisk-users] Voicemail/dtmf not working? [Sort of fixed]

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 04:53:16 CDT 2007

Alan Lord wrote:
> <snip />
>
> As I said originally, I can call the local echo extension set up on x611
> and that works fine. When I do 'set rdp debug' I can see some messages
> relating to RFC2833 packets being transmitted and asterisk seemingly
> acknowledging their receipt.
>
> I have tried setting the dtmfmode=rfc2833 too.

Just to check something, I installed a different soft-phone client on my
desktop PC. Instead of using Ekiga (http://ekiga.org/), I tried Twinkle
(http://twinklephone.com/).

Twinkle successfully sends DTMF tones and Asterisk responds accordingly
:-) :-) So it seems like a configuration/incompatibility between Ekiga
and Asterisk.

The problem with Twinkle is it's echo cancellation is not too good
compared to Ekiga. I am using a Polycom communicator and with the Ekiga
client, calls to the echo extension work fine. Using Twinkle it gets
into a feedback loop and just keeps getting louder........

Think I'll try OpenWengo (http://www.openwengo.org/) next and see how
that fairs... Just tried it, similar sort of problem but not quite as
bad as Twinkle. I think I'll try and talk to the Ekiga guys about this...

Cheers

Al
--
The way out is open!