[asterisk-users] #modprobe wctdm or #modprobe zaptel

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Oct 5 01:59:05 CDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 02:15:12PM -0700, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hi list;
>
> I need to run the command modprobe wctdm and whenever
> I write it, then it gives me the following message:
>
> FATAL: Module wctdm not found

What is the output of:

 modinfo wctdm

Maybe you got the kernel version wrong somehow:

uname -r
find /lib/modules -name wctdm.ko

> FATAL: Error running install command for wctdm

This is caused by the silly post-install command for wctdm in
/etc/modprobe.d/zaptel or /etc/modprobe.conf , which is not necessary if
you have a proper init.d script.

> So, do I have to run that command from specific path?

No. modinfo was found and run.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com