[asterisk-users] Strange Call problems on some numbers

Mail Lists mail-lists at peachnet.com
Thu Oct 4 16:47:33 CDT 2007

I am having some really strange problems calling from 2 asterisk boxes
of mine. One is  version 1.2.22 the other 1.2.18. The problem is
identical on both boxes.

When I try to call certain numbers (8006375410, for instance) the call
rings and rings and rings. Eventually the receiving end will pick up
in the middle of an IVR as if I had been connected for some time
already.

When I call this number from a cell phone it connects normally.

When I call this number from a sip phone connected to an asterisk box
running 1.4 and out through a pri it connects normally.

When I call it from these other two asterisk boxes out through
whatever provider(my pri box, voip providers, whatever) it exhibits
this behaviour..

Does anyone know what might be causing this? It's turning int a
significant problem.

Thanks

Steve Glaus
Peachnet Communications.