[asterisk-users] Secondary Dialtone and selecting a specific line from Zap/g

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 06:55:24 CDT 2007

Dear Mojo;

That is primary fine, but there are two issues looking
for help about them:

1) Based on your below example (dialing *4*18005551212
to select channel 4), the question is how to give
second dial tone just after dialing the *4*
(indicating the channel was captured)?

2) How to let this second dial tone to be with a
frequency differs than normal tone when pickup the
handset to place a call?

3) How to let (assign) one of the button on my IP
Phone to be dedicating for a zap channel, so when I
select this button and do dialing for a number, then
call will be done via that specific zap channel.

Any help?
Regards
Bilal

It would be ugly, but you could prefix a zap channel
or group number
before the phone number to dial.  Using groups for an
example:

exten => _*X*X.,1,Dial(ZAP/g${EXTEN:1:1}/${EXTEN:3})
exten => _*XX*X.,1,Dial(ZAP/g${EXTEN:1:2}/${EXTEN:4})

so dialing *4*18005551212 dials out over zap group
4...