[asterisk-users] No audio on Zap (T1/PRI) channels

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Oct 4 00:09:51 CDT 2007

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Steve Totaro wrote:

> Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>> Steve Edwards wrote:
>>

>>> [trunkgroups]
>>>          trunkgroup                      = 1,24,96
>>>          spanmap                         = 1,1,0
>>>          spanmap                         = 2,1,2
>>>          spanmap                         = 3,1,3
>>>          spanmap                         = 4,1,1
>>>

>> You caused the behavior you are seeing by configuring your spanmap this
>> way; you've got physical span #4 configured as the second span in the
>> trunkgroup, so Zaptel will treat physical channels 73-95 as logical
>> channels 1/1 through 1/23.
>>
> If it were configured as the second span, shouldn't is be channels 25-48
> rather than 1-23?  voip-info was very unclear about this when I looked
> at it over a year ago.  I finally got it working by trying different
> combinations in spanmap.
>
> Digium should have it's own wiki that is maintained by Digium.
> Voip-info is ok but much of it is old and or incorrect at this point.

Qwest and I fiddled for a couple of hours. The channels are answered in
ascending sequence and "match" between logical span/channel and
zap/channel. Channels 0/24 (zap/24) and 1/24 (zap/48) are "skipped"
because they are the primary and secondary D channels.

Still no joy -- no audio.

Here's zaptel.conf:

# span 1
span                                    = 1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan                                   = 1-23
dchan                                   = 24

# span 2
span                                    = 2,0,0,esf,b8zs
bchan                                   = 25-47
dchan                                   = 48

# span 3
span                                    = 3,0,0,esf,b8zs
bchan                                   = 49-72

# span 4
span                                    = 4,2,0,esf,b8zs
bchan                                   = 73-96

# (end of /etc/zaptel.conf)

and zapata.conf:

[trunkgroups]
         trunkgroup                      = 1,24,48
         spanmap                         = 1,1,0
         spanmap                         = 2,1,1
         spanmap                         = 3,1,2
         spanmap                         = 4,1,3

[channels]
         context                         = block-ani
         echocancel                      = no
         echocancelwhenbridged           = no
         echotraining                    = no
         group                           = 1
         resetinterval                   = never
         signalling                      = pri_cpe
         switchtype                      = dms100

; span 1 (1-24)
         channel                         = 1-23
; span 2 (25-48)
         channel                         = 25-47
; span 3 (49-72)
         channel                         = 49-72
; span 4 (73-96)
         channel                         = 73-96

; (end of /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf)

Any more clues on where to look to find my missing audio?

Thanks in advance,