[asterisk-users] extensions.conf vs. AEL

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Wed Oct 3 09:49:09 CDT 2007

On Oct 3, 2007, at 9:39 AM, Jon Schøpzinsky wrote:

> Wouldnt that take a very large portion of datapower, to startup the
> parsers and such, instead of having the whole dialplan natively in
> Asterisk.
>
> We always try to do as much as possible in dialplan, so that we are
> not reliant on external scripts.
>

> Kind Regards
> Jon Leren Schøpzinsky

Stepping thru the dialplan line by line is one of the most
inefficient things in Asterisk...  Every priority it checks and
rechecks the dialplan and priorty at the very least 5 times per
priority.  I think this is one thing being addressed in 1.4 and later.

Dialplan logic isn't a language in my opinion.

/b