[asterisk-users] Outgoing PSTN calls , unusable voice quality

Salvatore Giudice Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com
Fri Nov 30 16:01:17 CST 2007

Take a packet capture of your VoIP segment and verify that the SDP is
correct and that the RTP is making it to the correct places. If all that
looks good and this is a straight out quality problem, then you need to
figure out if it's happening on the voip side or on the TDM side. You should
make calls (with captures) VoIP to Voip passing the media through your
asterisk and also try routing a tdm call in and back out. If you have the
equipment, take a mos score of the TDM loop.

Without any of the above, you will not be able to isolate the issue.

Salvatore Giudice
Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com

VoIP Security Training, LLC
http://VoIPSecurityTraining.com

848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #1676
Las Vegas, NV 89107