[asterisk-users] Off-Topic: Avaya

Jim Houser jhouser at trustamerifirst.com
Fri Nov 30 08:54:27 CST 2007

This is both a hardware and software licensing issue.
Avaya offers a SIP server separate from their main VoIP gateway.
The core platform uses H.323.
Either SIP or H.323 has a license cost per registered device.
We have an Avaya S8300 Communications Manager providing H.323 and have this
tied to an Asterisk deployment on a Sun Microsystems server. The connection
between the two systems are handled by both T1, (PRI using Qsig), and H.323.

The BIG issue we have is we cannot light the message waiting light on the
Avaya 46XX phones registered to the Avaya server but using Asterisk voice
mail.

If anyone can help we would pay to solve this.  Our Asterisk is 1.2.xx.

Thanks.