[asterisk-users] Registration problem: UA -> SER -> Asterisk

Giovanni Miano giomiano at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 08:58:39 CST 2007

Stefano,
if you have distributed Registrars, which will keep the user location
of registration ?
And you do not need OpenSER to fwd Register message.. Register / Proxy
/ Redirect could be totally separate entities.

By the way, if you post the SIP Register message likely someone could help you.
"Check in Register msg Contact field"
Contact: Bob <sip:6000@ 69.177.27.32>;expires=660.

Probably SER replace it.

Beside it, you can have a multiple OpenSER and Radius (AA) with shared
db acting as Registrars, I do not understand why you want asterisk to
do that.

Regards,
Giovanni

2007/11/29, Stefano Capitanio <s.capitanio at mclink.it>:

> Hi,
>
> Yes it make sense to have multiple registrars and to have SER acting as a transparent proxy that forwards also REGISTER messages.
>
> The question is: why it does not work! L
>
> Regards,
> Stefano
>

> Stefano,
> It is not Asterisk, It is SER (dispatcher module ?).
> Why Asterisk is acting as Register ? make sense use openSER as
> Register/Proxy and Asterisk only Proxy and MG
>
> Regards,
> Giovanni

Giovanni Miano