[asterisk-users] Asterisk on Pcengines Alix board

John Faubion jfaubion at tx.rr.com
Thu Nov 29 00:06:38 CST 2007

> I'd rather use a PCI card to connect * to the POTS, and a hard-disk
> instead of a CF card. Do you know of a similar, small form-factor
> motherboard + case that would fit the bill?

Many of the thin clients fit the bill nicely. I've been using MaxSpeed
MaxTerm clients lately. Mainly because I bought several off ebay for about
$50 each. These have a VIA motherboard that has a PCI slot, plus USB and IDE
interfaces. They also have a CF adapter already in them and have room in the
case for 2.5" hard drives. An added bonus is they are powered by a 12VDC
adapter which makes battery backup a very simple task.

John