[asterisk-users] Experience good or bad with Asterisk Appliance AA50

Tommy Nijem tnijem at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 12:31:39 CST 2007

Hi.
I have a friend who is looking to replace their old Toshiba Key system
at their office. They are afraid it is going to "die" soon. It is over
15 years old. They asked me for advice.
I like the idea of the Asterisk Appliance AA50 for them but I do not
have any hands on experience with the device and i wanted to see if
anyone here had input on this appliance. Specifically the 8 FXO port
version.

Their environment.
8 POTS lines (currently in a hunt group provided by the Telco)
10 telephones.
Very simple dial plan/call handling requirements.

I am thinking about the * AA50 and Polycom 301/501 telephones.

I need this setup to be pretty much bulletproof. It just needs to sit
there and work like their old system has for the last 15 years.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!.