[asterisk-users] Snom phones, blinking lights and call pickup

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Nov 27 18:32:53 CST 2007

Hi!

>    2. if the call is not answered after a short time, a light (phone
>       layout is similiar to the Snom phones) begins to blink at the
>       monitor phones; caller ID and the target number are displayed; if
>       you press the button next to the blinking light, you pick-up the
>       call;

I don't think you will be able to get the exact same behaviour arranged
with asterisk and snom, however there are three choices for you that get
quite close:

1. Use group dial like in Dial(SIP/1&SIP/2) and have your monitor phones
each act as SIP/2 to SIP/6 with dedicated (!) lines that have their
ringer set to "silent". You might want to adjust the Caller ID name to
prefix it with the called number like "to 123: from 4567890". The SNOMs
have 12 lines, so why not actually use some of them ...
A variation of this: Record a new ringer sound that is a) long and b) has
10+ seconds silence at the beginning, and let the monitoring SNOMs use
that.

2. Take a closer look at the new SLA functionality in Asterisk 1.4
(shared line appearance), the Wiki has it all including a link to the
blog that explains it all in detail

3. Stay with your current solution, and add a SIP MESSAGE sent using
sipsak using System() that informs the monitoring phones of the caller
ID; I haven't tested this particular case so I am not sure if this SIP
MESSAGE would not be immediately overwritten on the phone's display with
other data like (useless) pick-up information.

Cheers, Philipp