[asterisk-users] SIP port 5060 closed - how do I open it?

Zaheer K. Master lists at adamantsecurity.com
Tue Nov 27 08:20:41 CST 2007

Hi all,

I have *NOW beta 6 (asterisk 1.4.5) and I've configured it with a SIP trunk
line. I can make outgoing calls, but I cannot receive any incoming calls. A
port scan of my * server shows that port 5060 is closed. How do I open this
port? In my users.conf, I have set [trunk_1] to hassip=yes and port=5060.

Also, in the global SIP.conf file

bindport=5060

bindaddr=0.0.0.0

allowexternaldomains=no

allowexternalinvites=no

Do I have to set allowexternalinvites or allowexternaldomains to yes to
accept INVITEs from my ITSP? I've already configured the system to allow
traffic from their IP address.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Zaheer