[asterisk-users] Digium E1 and Digium TDM400P (2xFXO) Help!

David Gomillion david.gomillion at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:40:46 CST 2007

Cameron Hissey wrote:
> now that you have some background,
> I am having no luck installing these two cards - i have already
> confirmed they are on their own IRQ etc, and if i run genzaptelconf,
> they are coming up fine and with no errors, and i can see them in the
> zapata-auto.conf file, however i cannot see the E1 card when typing
> "ztcfg -vvvv", and i cannot get a link light on the E1 card either.

This looks like something other than straight Asterisk. So it may be
different, but I'll try to help you the best that I can.

First, stock Asterisk/Zaptel needs 2 files to be correct for your E1
card and TDM card to work. You need a valid, correct, and complete
zaptel.conf, usually in /etc (although it can be different depending on
your config). zaptel-auto.conf may be #included in your zaptel.conf, or
it may need to be renamed. I honestly have no idea. For all of my
systems, it would have to be renamed, as I try not to #include in
anything except my sip.conf, extensions.conf, and iax.conf. But that's
just me.

Secondly, Asterisk needs a valid, correct, and complete zapata.conf,
usually in /etc/asterisk, although it can vary depending on how things
were configured when the system was set up.

If you have both of these files in the right place, and with the right
stuff, make sure you reload zaptel and asterisk. I know I don't have to,
but when I make big changes after hours, I tend to reboot. Especially
when I'm tired and can easily make mistakes. But that's a matter of
personal preference.

Hope that helps.