[asterisk-users] Recommendations for 100 Wifi SIP phone setup

Jacob Lefkowitz asterisk-users at informessenger.com
Sun Nov 25 17:46:04 CST 2007

For campus installations such as this, you may want to look at Polycom
(Spectralink) phones.  They are more expensive but are designed for tough
environments and are of better quality than any of the consumer-oriented
phones.

Asterisk should be fine for an installation of this size, no need for SER.
You can even set this up without registering the endpoints because they will
be on a LAN and you can use static LAN IPs for each individual phone.

Beyond technical considerations, you will have to be very aware of practical
matters such as broken phones and stolen phones.  In hospitals you can
pretty much bet on replacing your total phone pool every year, so when
installing a system like this you are not buying 100 phones, you are buying
100 phones PER YEAR.  In a hotel I can imagine it would be even worse in
terms of stolen phones.