[asterisk-users] Recommendations for 100 Wifi SIP phone setup

Michael J. Liberatore mike240se at straightandnarrowinc.org
Sun Nov 25 17:04:01 CST 2007

My number one recommendation is be VERY VERY Careful.  You could be
selling the biggest nightmare to you and the customer ever.

I have tried almost all the wifi sip phones and they are ALL sub par.
Range is terrible on most, but mainly its staying connected to the ap's
all the time and especially multiaccess points that causes issues.  The
hitachi phone I tried, the 5000, it was bad, it doesn't support wpa,
that's crazy.  No firmware updates in a while either so its not coming.
The new one maybe does, the ae.

The utstarcom one never stayed connected either.

Anyways the best is what the other guy said, phones that are not wifi
but integrated with sip, that might be worth looking into.  I assume the
hotel already has the access points that's why you are doing this? Well
I can see the reason, my recommendation, do extensive testing first with
the phones you are looking at, as in multi day testing to make sure the
phones stay connected and get all the calls.

Mike